This article describes the steps for an examiner during examination day. How to invite & control candidates, control the start times for the examination(s)
Events will be recorded, both video and events, (looking away from the screen, many people in room, no people in room, try to switch application). Data from each candidate can be analyzed after the examination.
Golden "rule" for remote exams: Avoid discussions during examination and tell candidates to try their best to answer all questions. Discussions can be left until after the examination.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Examiner enter ZOOM on the computer
- Examiner starts WhatsApp on the computer
- Zoom Controls
- Candidate enter ZOOM
- Candidate boarding
- Candidate camera setup
- Start the examination
- Video with general info
Examiner starts WhatsApp on the computer
- During examination use the communication protocol (Zoom room #, Candidate #, problem)
About the picture on the wall, if you have a picture just behind your computer the face recognition software can be disturbed and start to alarm
- If all info OK, the Examiner hands out a boarding code to each candidate
Start the examination
- At a certain time, a start code for the different parts will be handed out, one by one, for each part. The candidate uses the start code to open up the examination.
- Every part need a start code to start (examiner hands out the start codes)
- Every part stops after the candidate pressed the FInished button or the time has run out.
Video with general info
The video describes the procedure before & during and remote examination