This article describes the how to prepare your computer for a remote examination & how to download/install the exam software. It is critical that you complete these steps prior to check-in. Taking the exam remotely save considerable time, travel and money for the exam taker. The drawback is that some preparation is needed to guarantee exam security. Be prepared to spend 10-30 minutes to prepare your computer and phone.
Ensure that you have a computer where you have the full right to install software and that you have an accessable camera built into it. (external cameras are not recommended). If you use a work computer, then you may have problems to install software (depending on the settings of your IT department). The following OS versions are supported: PC Windows 10 (64-bit), Mac 10.13 and later Before you start installing. Make sure to close any other programs. Also ensure that you do not use any VPN connections.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Before installation
- 2. Overview of the installation process
- 3. Download and install software
- 4. Set- up the software
- 5. Check-in and boarding
- 6. Problems during installation
1. Before installation
- Ensure that you have a computer that meets specifications (PC Windows 10 (64-bit), Mac 10.13 and later)
- Connected to a (wifi) network
- Has a functioning camera.
- Later in the process, you will need the last name & booking code written in your invitation letter
2. Overview of the installation process
- Download and install the software (ensure that you select PC or Mac)
- Set-up the software with your personal configuration using your Booking code (set-up facial ID etc).
- During the process, you will be asked to enter your phone number. You receive an SMS and instructions on how to proceed to connect ZOOM to your phone. After these steps, you will see a page with the Boarding code, you are finished with the installation. (see video for details)
- On the day of the exam, your ID will be checked & when you are ready to sit the exam you will be presented with a boarding code to join the exam.
3. Download and install software
4. Setup the software
- When you have completed the download and install, then open the instructions below to prepare your personal set-up, including setting up your personal facial identity. Make sure you have your boarding code handy.
5. Checkin and boarding
- In order to verify your identity, you will enter your phone number. You receive an SMS and instructions on how to proceed to connect ZOOM to your phone. After these steps, you will see a page with the Boarding code, you are finished with the installation.
- On the day of the exam, you will be presented with a Boarding code to start the exam.
6. Problems during installation
If any problems arise during installation.
- First, read the instructions carefully